Friday, June 27, 2008

Recipes off the box!

I am sure you are still anxious to get more recipes and tips from my crazy Better Homes & Gardens meets Pee-Wee's Playhouse party. I already gave you Pee-wee's refrigerator. Here is the 1968 housewife section: three quick recipes which are full of fun and flavor.

**As a quick disclaimer, I am sort of embarrassed by some of my recipes. I can guarantee they are all tasty, but as some of you out there don't know much about my cooking style yet, I just want to assure you, Velveeta and Jimmy Dean sausages aren't daily ingredients I use in my food. However, if you want to cook like a 60's housewife, they are a must!


Jimmy Dean Sausage Cocktail toasts.

To create these divine munchables just brown together
  • 1lb of Ground Beef (the best organic free range drug free Kobe beef - or just the cheapest you can find)
  • 1lb highest quality JIMMY DEAN pork sausage
drain grease

Mix in 1 lb VELVEETA!!
  • 1 tablespoon Worcester sauce
  • 1 tablespoon oregano
  • 1 teaspoon Garlic powder.


Heat until melted
Spoon over cocktail rye bread

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 min!



Click here for other tasty Velveeta recipes!!

Click here for awesome Velveeta party planning tips !!!

(They didn't even pay me for all that gratuitous product placement. Am I a sucker or what?)

Cocktail Wieners!!
  • 1lb "smokies" cocktail wieners
  • 1lb bacon cut in thirds
Wrap smokies in bacon and pierce with tooth pics


(Pic courtesy of FamilyOven.com)

Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 30 minutes
When top looks cooked, flip over and cook other side for 20 - 30 more minutes

Place in saucepan with:
  • 1/3 c. brown sugar
  • 1/3 c. ketchup
  • 1/3 c. water
  • 2 Tablespoons of whiskey
Simmer 15 minutes. Serve. If you have a slow cooker you can put them out in this on low to keep them warm.

**note on above: I increase ketchup to 2/3 cup and obviously I add way more whiskey. Come on!

All right everybody, run to the store, purchase some Velveeta and Jimmy Dean Sausage and let's get partyin!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

andrea, if i start eating meat again it'll be your fault.

Janice said...

The Jimmy Dean Sausage Cocktail Toasts...
I didn't realize such a thing existed. Who came up with these combinations?