Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Food

I just got back from my parents, who live in dial-up land. I had a great time on my vacation from the internet, but now I'm back to let you know I can really shake 'em down.

After all that fish last year, we decided to go back to our tried and true traditional Christmas eve dinner. Check it out:



Emily and Alger are in a holiday mood!



Appetizer: Shrimp Cocktail



Spinach Salad with hard boiled eggs, bacon, sweet tomaot vinaigrette (ok also known as French dressing)



The soup was my course. My mom asked to make a shrimp bisque. The above was made with a champagne reduction steeped with tarragon, lemon shrimp stock made from boiling the shrimp for the appetizer, a couple strands of saffron and garnished with fresh chives. Delic! I also added a secret ingredient but I won't tell you what it was. (Ok, fine twist my arm. Canada Dry).



Our entree of Roasted Prime Rib, Yorkshire pudding, Madeira Gravy and steamed asparagus. Sorry the picture is blurry. Champagne went into more then just the soup.



I love Yorkshire pudding. Its so light and fluffy. Wonderful with Gravy. Be careful no one steals it!



More blurry holiday pics. Drink up.

Hope you all had a warm and fuzzy holiday!

No comments: