Monday, March 9, 2009

Wedding Presents and Potato Chips

Everyday I feel like my head is going to explode. Ira and I are getting married in two months and I've got so much stuff to get done, it's insane. Keeping up with my blogging has been a bit difficult but I've set a goal to post every three days, and by God I am going to do it. I could sit here and complain about all the stuff I have to do, but instead, I am going to talk about the positive side of getting married and that's wedding presents!



Last weekend, my sister hosted a wedding shower for us, and I, I mean "WE", got lots of amazing gifts. I am sure its not too hard to imagine what kind of presents people got us. That's right, kitchen and cooking stuff!! Our good friend Trish, gave us a mandolin, something I've been wanting for a long time, nothing makes slicing easier.

Last night, I finally got the chance to try it out and make some homemade potato chips. Our awesome new mandolin sliced through those potatoes in no time! I love this thing.



When I got done with the potatoes, I remembered I had some radishes which were on the verge of going bad, so I decided to slice them up too. I was on a roll, you need something sliced, I'll take care of it!


Frying potatoes on left and radishes on right.

We fried these up and sprinkled them with kosher salt and a bit of amchur, an Indian spice made of powdered mango. The amchur gives a slightly tart acidic flavor, which slightly mimics my favorite salt and vinegar chips.


Potato and radish chips

People tell me to think of how much I love Ira every time I get stressed out with all this wedding planning, but it doesn't seem to work. I'm gonna think about these potato chips and all the other awesome foods I'm going to make with my new kitchen stuff. That'll keep me motivated!

No comments: