Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Busy Week, Quick Dinner. Chicken Salad Sandwhich.

I feel so tired right now. On weeks when I have events, I am always very busy planning and prepping. The idea of coming home and cooking dinner is too much. Tonight, I decided to do something quick and easy: chicken salad sandwiches.



I made chicken stock this weekend for my white chicken chili. I usually use chicken bones and scraps for my stock, but I had some chicken thighs which had been frozen for a bit too long I needed to use up. When making stock, most of the flavor in the meat has been infused into the stock leaving bland stringy chicken, which works great for chicken salad because the dressing and filling helps cover the bland chicken taste. Its quick, easy and nummy.

Chicken Salad
  • 2 c. cooked chicken, chopped
  • 1 onion chopped
  • 1/2 - 3/4 c. mayonnaise
  • 1/8 c. spicy mustard
  • 1/8 c. honey mustard
  • 1/4 c. sun dried tomatoes
  • 1/4 c. fresh basil chopped or 1 Tbs dried basil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1-2 Tbs lime juice
Mix all the ingredients together and bam! Chicken salad done. I like to mix mine in a food processor, but if you like yours super chunky, you can just whip it up in a bowl.



Slap that salad on a bun with Swiss cheese, side with some kettle chips. I like salt and vinegar.

No comments: