Monday, September 1, 2008

I <3 Le Creuset

Yay! I just opened my birthday present from Ira. He got me a Le Creuset 3 Quart Buffet Casserole Pan. He assures me he got it on super discount. I am soo spoiled!



I love cooking with cast iron cookware because of its durability, strength, and its even distribution of heat, which helps food from sticking and burning to the bottom as well as allows food to be cooked slow and evenly for increased flavor. By coating the cast iron in enamel, it creates a non-stick non-permeable surface which eliminates the need for seasoning necessary of regular cast iron. Nothing can saute and caramelize better.


Le Creuset originally posted by Flickr user Niznoz.

Le Creuset is one of the finest makers of enameled cast iron. Their pieces are known, not only for the quality of their craftsmanship, but also for their style and design. With these pieces, you can marinate, cook and serve all with one piece of cookware! And they come in all kinds of awesome colors!


Dutch Oven originally posted by Flickr user Chotda

I've always drooled after my Aunt Dottie's collection of vintage Le Creuset pots, which are in my favorite Creuset color, blaze, a fiery variegated orange. So you can imagine how thrilled I was when she gave me one of her smaller sauce pans she doesn't use anymore! Added with a smaller piece I found in a thrift store, as well as a beautiful skillet my sis got off eBay for my Xmas present last year, I am beginning to start my own little collection.



Ira said he gave me this pan because as we get into fall, we are entering his favorite time of year for casseroles. To celebrate my new present, I am going to be doing a week of casseroles in October and I need your help. Email Me your favorite casserole recipes for me to try. I'll post my favorite reader pics along with foolproof favs of my own.



So pull out your Better Homes and Gardens Cookbooks and lets get cookin! Please only send me the tasty ones, not the ones which include hotdogs with jello!

3 comments:

Janice said...

Thank you for not saying "hot-dish"

allison said...

Ira's a keeper.

Anonymous said...

Blue topaz ring will certainly be thpmas sabo your best option if you are intended to thomas sabo jewellery include a ring into your gemstone jewelry collection. cheap thomas sabo charms Either if you wish to wear the ring on a special occasion or thomas bracelets wear this sort of ornaments on a daily basis, silver charm carriers it is up to your account. Blue thomas sabo necklaces topaz ring can ensure you that you will attract every person.