5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
I don't know if I would recommend eating this, as it feels like play dough, but it's a fun way to spend 5 minutes of your life and it's pretty much guaranteed to make you giggle.
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 c.) flour
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 c.) sugar
- 2 tablespoons (1/8 c.) cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
- A small splash of vanilla extract
- 1 large coffee mug
- Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
- Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
*Please note that it's normal for it to rise while in the microwave. Do not be alarmed and scream as I did.
I used a small pic to cut the cake away from the mug sides.
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
It does look like play dough. or something else. gross.
- EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).
Well, this cake is not awesome. But it is fast! I agree, Sarah, it is enough for two. So I cut mine in half, but we got to eat off the same plate. Early Valentines dessert? Yeah, that's right Ira, this is all you're getting. Aw poor Ira. I'm just joking. Sheesh.