Saturday, July 11, 2009

Scrap Dough Pie

Don't you always have scrap dough left over when making a pie? I do. I hate throwing anything away, so I'll put it in the fridge, only to forget about it and have to throw it away later. Don't do that either. Make a scrap pie!



Scrap Pie

(Yes, this is obvious, but I don't care. I'm going to blog about it anyway.)
  1. Just set aside some extra fruit to use as a pie filling. When you're done with your other pies, combine all your scraps and roll them out.

  2. Mix your fruit filling (I like to do something a little different with it then the other pies so it is more special) and place in the center of the dough.

  3. Fold the dough up and around the pie filling to form a little rustic tartlet.

  4. Brush with egg. milk, oil, or whatever you use and drizzle with sugar.

  5. Throw that bad boy into the oven with your other pies.
Bam! A delicious little treat. Kids love them!

No comments: