Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Finger Food, Mwa Ha Ha!

I've been cooking up some killer treats for the Death at the Prom aerial extravaganza this weekend. To give you a quick sneak peak, check out some of these finger licking treats.



Inspired by Yeah, That's Vegan's bloody finger cookies, I decided to try making some disembodied digits of my own. I wasn't so into the vegan recipe, so I decided to go with Mexican Aniseed shortbread recipe which would fit our Dia De Los Muertos theme, as well as add some nice liver spots to the fingers. I also substituted almond slices instead of whole almonds as they are WAY cheaper to suit my shoestring budget.

I rolled the cookies on the table top with my hands allowing the dough to seep up into the creases between my fingers making quick knuckle joints. Using a knife, I scored the joints for wrinkle marks and pushed the almond slices into place at the finger tips. A good tip is to make the fingers skinnier then you want them as they plump when you cook 'em.



These things are really tasty and I'm not pulling your finger. Har har.

Mexican Aniseed Shortbread


1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp whole aniseed
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 c. butter
1 tsp whiskey
2 tsps vanilla
Almond slices for finger nails

Bake at 375 degrees for 7 minutes.

7 comments:

Janice said...

They look finger lickin' good!!

Anonymous said...

yay! I'm one of the crazy aerialists that you'll be feeding on Saturday. I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Excellent work! These are the best Halloween-themed treats I've seen this year.

Aloft said...

I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait. I love you for doing this!

Anonymous said...

I might attempt to make these for a party I'm attending! Thanks for the idea - I'll let you know how they turn out. :)

Unknown said...

Nom nom nom! We made these, they were delicious. More please.

Anonymous said...

Blue topaz ring will certainly be thpmas sabo your best option if you are intended to thomas sabo jewellery include a ring into your gemstone jewelry collection. cheap thomas sabo charms Either if you wish to wear the ring on a special occasion or thomas bracelets wear this sort of ornaments on a daily basis, silver charm carriers it is up to your account. Blue thomas sabo necklaces topaz ring can ensure you that you will attract every person.