Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Party of Dips

Our party for Alee was a success even though I was totally unmotivated on Saturday. I finally got out of the house and rode my bike to Cermak Produce, one of my local neighborhood stores. It was already 3 p.m. by the time I got home with all my necessary groceries. Because I didn't have much time, I stayed with tried and true recipes which I know I could make quickly. I went for simple flavors instead of fancy alternatives to save time and money.



The food included (pictured from bottom clockwise) good ol' guacamole, spinach artichoke dip, curry apple chutney dip for vegetable tray (olives are pictured in place of the dip which was not out yet), mushroom walnut pate spread, a basket of bread and crackers, a bowl of grapes, black bean dip, hummus, Shrimp Dip, chocolate covered strawberries, and a 7 layer taco dip which you can only see the edge of in the above picture.



I did have some help. Shayna showed up with her first ever pie in tow, an amazing strawberry and rhubarb she grew in her own garden



It looked as good as it tasted!



Although I was able to get everything done on time, I did have to resort to asking the guest of honor for a bit of help. Thanks Alee!


Please excuse my messy room! Cleaning in here was one thing which fell through the cracks.

But that is Alee in a nutshell. She's so great, I am not going to be the only one to miss her!

2 comments:

Miss Rhea said...

OMG. I just found out who the "suprise guest" was saturday! I am so MAD that I missed that!!!! Congratulations chica, you two earned that. xo - rhea

Anonymous said...

Blue topaz ring will certainly be thpmas sabo your best option if you are intended to thomas sabo jewellery include a ring into your gemstone jewelry collection. cheap thomas sabo charms Either if you wish to wear the ring on a special occasion or thomas bracelets wear this sort of ornaments on a daily basis, silver charm carriers it is up to your account. Blue thomas sabo necklaces topaz ring can ensure you that you will attract every person.